Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I want my mtf

I need my motivational training facility! It's been over a week since I have had the opportunity to use the weight room three miles away. I truly miss it like one misses their morning cup of coffee. I tried walking, which is painful and short timed. Nothing does it for me in the realm of motivational exercise like an hour spent doing the circuit, at my pace, at my facility. I guess you can say I'm making some progress if I am craving a particular exercise. I know a variety of exercises is best for all over wellness but you can't refute cardio vascular pumping. When I do that activity these are my benefits: the day goes smoother, my attitude is positive, the adrenalin pumps evenly, I accomplish many small things that needed done ( which all adds up to decluttering my life), my appetite is in a normal range, the burning-fat switch is in the on position, the cobwebs are out of my brain waves, my sleeping patterns return to normal, and being around like-minded people helps to stimulate my purpose. If I sit and ponder any longer I might come up with a few more benefits I get from the weight room, but you get the idea.

If it's exercise that I like, I feel it is like fuel for my brain to keep my machine (body) in good running condition. Of all the organs in the body, the brain may be the most sensitive to its own health. Every aspect of he brains molecular composition must be correct for it to function properly. And a healthy, well-nourished brain is essential to a healthy mind.

Hippocrates, a Greek Physician who was born in 460 BC and who became known as the founder of medicine, said, "If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health."

No comments: