Sunday, February 12, 2006

calories

Most respectful dieters wouldn't plan on indulging on sweets to sabotage their dieting efforts. However, some of us dieters have a sweet tooth and it screams to be noticed. If I give in once in a while and eat it, I don't feel too restricted and enjoy the occasional pleasure it gives me to have what I want. Being informed with the knowledge of the content always puts me one a step ahead of the game. Choose among equally appealing treats. If you can't make a decision, it is better to take into consideration the calorie and fat count, that will help you make up your mind quickly!

MOVIE CONCESSION TREATS:
(*1/2 cup movie theater popped in coconut oil)
**Small popcorn with butter
630 calories, 50 g fat, 29 g saturated fat
3 oz of Milk Duds
340 calories, 12 g fat, 5 g saturated fat
6 oz of Strawberry Twizzlers
600 calories, 50 g fat, 29 g saturated fat

SCOOP OF BEN & JERRY'S
Peanut Butter Cup
380 calories, 26 g fat, 13 g saturated fat
Chubby Hubby
330 calories, 21 g fat, 12 g saturated fat
Cherry Garcia
250 calories, 15 g fat, 11 g saturated fat

SNACKS
11 onion rings
900 calories, 64 g fat, 30 g saturated fat
2 cups of french fries
590 calories, 31 g fat, 12 g saturated fat
20 Lay's potato chips
150 calories, 10 g fat, 3 g saturated fat

DUNKIN DOUGHNUTS
Boston Kreme doughnut
240 calories, 9 g fat, 2 g saturated fat
Chocolate Frosted Cake doughnut
360 calories, 20 g fat, 5 g saturated fat
Chocolate Chip muffin
590 calories, 23 g fat, 10 g saturated fat

SLICE OF HOMEMADE PIE
Pecan pie
503 calories, 27 g fat, 5 g saturated fat
Apple pie
411 calories, 19 g fat, 5 g saturated fat
Sweet potato pie
243 calories, 13 g fat, 5 g saturated fat

Talk about the power of suggestion, I'm dying for something sweet to eat and I'm at home right now in a no-fail environment. I am counting on the saying, "out of sight, out of mind" helps me get out of this triggered thought! I know Valentine's Day is coming up and I can always count on my family to feed the fat lady candy, even if she is a borderline Diabetic. They have a tendency to push stuff on me instead of encouraging me to lose weight. I have said no many times but I'm only human. You know me by now the queen of excuses, although, I call them reasons. Chow.

No comments: