Tuesday, February 14, 2006

exercise

WEll HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY everyone! After volunteering at the center this morning, I had a chance to hit the weight room. It was for only thirty minutes but, hello, I am alive again. At my own pace of course, but I found I do have a heart. I finally felt it beating at a nice steady pace, there was breath coming in through my nose and out of my mouth. I felt like I just had a cup of coffee. My engine is all reved up and ready to go, too bad I had to leave early. I didn't even think of food for one second. Nor did I realize I was hungry because I missed breakfast and lunch. What a great way to lose weight, gain strength, minimize pain in my knees and back, and get a natural high, all in place of eating, yet still enjoying myself. Now back to earth. Since I missed my meals and I am at home, I am getting a craving for sugar only because it is low. Now I really am feeling the hunger, I will be picked up pretty soon. Have to wait till I reach my intended journey for the evening before I will have a good chance to eat. Let's hope I don't cancel out the benefits earned for today, by overeating, because I waited too too long to eat.

No comments: