Friday, May 12, 2006

salad woes

Please don't offer me a side salad unless you see my nose twitching, my ears flopping, or my tail fluffing. I have chosen side salads to incorporate some healthy eating habits into my life changing style. A small little dish with a couple bites of lettuce and maybe something red in it, that's it? Talk about disappointment! It does nothing for my taste buds or my palate unless it is drowning in good dressing. I'm a carnivorous tiger for eating meat. I enjoy the thrill of biting into something with substance and chewing and chewing. The juice that squirts out and combines with my watering saliva performs a little dance in my mouth and my tongue gets involved. Maybe it's that animal instinct that spurs us to love eating bar-b-cued ribs that have a tiny bit of meat on them. Anyway, I thought I could make a whole roasting pan of vegetable salad for all week to keep me in line. I peeled, cut, and chopped for over 1 1/2 hours all by hand while feeling the morning hunger pangs. I had to do this all at one time because I have allergies to touching foods and it makes my hands extremely itchy and break out, not to mention the limitations of carpal tunnel. (Nothing but 14 vegetables and lettuce, dressing on the side.) For two days three meals of salad only left me with no weight loss and a ravishing craving for protein meat and carbohydrate pasta. If in tuned to body cues you will know what vitamin you are shorting yourself with. I am even craving orange juice. I don't like the way my taste buds are coming alive again. When I was worried about problems before, I lost 10.25 pounds the first week, 10.75 pounds the second week, 3 pounds the third week, and 2.5 the fourth week. Some things have improved so far but it seems as if my body is trying to catch up on what I was lacking when not caring about eating. Where is that balance in life? I guess I'll just go back to the drawling board. I do have a plan I was following and it was working slowly but surely. It is the exercising I have missed for the whole month. Self, you have the key, now use it. Have a peaceful day everyone.

1 comment:

Louisiana said...

I want you to have a wonderful Mother's Day on Sunday. I want you to realize that you are a great mom. That no one is perfect. And that we all deserve another and another chance.

Happy Mother's Day my friend. Take care and enjoy Your day. Hold your head high and laugh. Feel the joy my sweet...

And btw i love salads...and so does Cel...she is the only kid i know that will choose a Ceasar salad as a side rather than french fries...She gets these looks from her cousins...it's funny. She is so good i tell you, that she didn't get from me...

Again, enjoy Sunday my friend.