Thursday, May 18, 2006

diet tips

His word says don't be double minded. I know I said I was going to finish off this weekend and start on Monday to do the diet thing. Time to start programming my mind in the right direction.

1. Don't eat so much at one meal that you're not hungry for the next meal.

2. Don't let the illusion of diet foods, healthy foods, and physical activity trick you into eating when you're not really hungry, or eating more than you need or normally would if it were non-diet food.

3. If you eat out frequently it's almost impossible not to overeat.

4. A contingency to management when losing weight is to throw away clothes you can grow into. (If I eat one more bite, I won't fit into my jeans anymore.)

5. A pasta serving is only 1/2 of a cup. Calorie wise, not counting the meat or the sauces, restaurant pasta servings equal three cups. To think I've eaten the whole plate many times!

6. Aim for seven to nine hours of sleep a night. Sleep deprivation speeds up production of ghrelin, an appetite-stimulating hormone, and slows the production of leptin, a hormone that makes us feel full. When the hormone leptin goes down appetite increases.

7. If you go for long periods during the day restricting your eating, it actually becomes much harder to eat reasonably once you begin. Simply overextending yourself by being busy the rush hours 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. during the day leaves little time to eat and can cause one to become a night eater, thus, leaving very little time for burning off calories before going to bed.

8. Don't forget a no fail environment is a sure winner.

I think I'm psyched-up now and ready to roll.

1 comment:

Louisiana said...

great tips as usual...

:)

hugs