Sunday, January 01, 2006

safety zone

All last year I dabbled in losing weight and gaining and losing weight. I made my resolutions, I incorporated small changes, and now I will psych myself up for resistance. The last two days I stayed in my safety zone and avoided four opportunities to eat to my hearts content. Which for me is a self-indulgent pleasure, receiving instant gratification, and acting oblivious to consequences that are felt and seen in the near future; let's call that all, overeating with food amnesia. I love it and my mouth waters just thinking about food, junk, and second and third helpings. I need to think and speak thinner if I want to be thinner. If it works for me to be in control by staying away from the triggers that make me binge, then so be it! I am still on turkey and vegetables and international coffees. I haven't seen a drastic change in the scale's wavering arm but it will show up at my weigh-in on Tuesday. I am resilient, I have survived my past childhood adversities and my latter drawn-out occasions for situations of duress. In comparison this endeavor should be a piece of cake (oops) a slice of 7 grain sprouted bread. I can smell the success in the air. One step at a time, one day at a time, one pound at a time, one mistake to hurdle past, then, stay in the right direction by keeping it all doable! I'm on my way! Out, that is.

No comments: