Friday, January 06, 2006

jaded/sleepless

Who hasn't had a night of less than six hours of sleep or even less than five? It's easy to become exhausted by overwork or just plain stressed, a real energy drainer. A tip for the following morning may help you make it through what seems to be a long day. Move around abit; (stairs, stretch, run in place, walk farther from car, skip, jump rope) anything to rev up circulation which will speed up your metabolism and trigger the release of adrenaline. Lunchtime have a chef's salad with meat and cheese for ample levels of tyrosine, an amino acid that increases alertness. The complex carbs in the vegetables provides a steady supply of glucose for energy. Midafternoon take five minutes to connect to the good in your life; (make a call, e-mail, meditate, listen to music you like, tell a family member how much you love them, get or give a hug to someone who looks like they need one) doing some good for others also will always have rewards and will boost your mood. That night don't short change yourself again with enough of zzzs, instead turn in an hour early! For me to work a diet it takes a lot of effort and concentration, therefore, not having enough of the proper sleep and rest will throw a monkey wrench in the whole program for the following day. A lot of times how I feel affects what I eat. Have you ever said out loud I don't know what I feel like eating. I rest my case! I'm going to skedaddle.

No comments: