Sunday, March 12, 2006

overeating

One of my bad habits that had caused me to become obese and still haunts me to the point that I find it hard to feel full unless I overeat at times. I can recall being very very hungry many times in my lifetime. I use to look forward to my mom coming home from work, and the excitement for me was focused on the dozen of glazed doughnuts she always got from work. I thought the gnawing feeling in my stomach was a normal thing. I was embarrassed a lot of times in school because my stomach was always growling and making loud noises the other kids could hear, sometimes when the teacher was talking. I use to think how happy the kids must be when the individual milk cartons arrived in class for them to drink (for those who paid ahead of time.) I use to watch and dream someday I am going to choose some chocolate milk for myself. No breakfast, no lunch, going home feeling famished. On the bus all I could think about was the elbow macaroni with Cambell's creamed soup that will be there cooking for dinner. To this day I like crappy food. Once when I was about eleven years old I can't remember why I was alone but I could sneak in the food closet and eat anything my heart desired. All I saw was a big onion and a package of spaghetti. I can eat the pasta, let's see what the frig has to offer in the form of a sauce. No exaggeration, it was bear other than mustard. You better believe I had mustard pasta and was happy. We'll stop here for now at eleven years old. I see a conditioned pattern forming. (Someone suggested I put some spice in my entries and talk about personal stuff, this wasn't my idea.) What did one candle say to the other candle? Are you going out tonight?

No comments: