Saturday, March 18, 2006

exercise

It will be six days before I get back to the weight room. The last time I was there I stopped in twice and did a total of 1 1/2 hours. For me that is way over the norm. I hit a runners high and would have continued longer if the bus wasn't coming. It wasn't a high intensity workout but the duration was too much for my overweight body. Of course that is never known until the next day or in my case even longer. For three days I felt pains and soreness because of straining the muscles two days in a row. They need to repair themselves through alternate days. My joints weren't too happy either. I know what works for me. I need to quit trying to keep up with people that are pros and extremely fit, they've been at it for a long time. Besides that they aren't carrying around an extra 150 pound sack of potatoes (adipose), or as many decades in age as me, myself, and I! Here's to a happy balance in everything.

No comments: