* Look for a place that offers menus with nutrition information.
* Avoid places that lure you in with dessert carts or all-you-can-eat or buffet-only specials. Look for places that offer a variety of foods.
* If you're stuck withy fast food, skip the hot dog and pizza joints and look for places that offer fruit, yogurt, soup, sushi, and sandwiches or wraps. Look for fast-food restaurants that offer healthy options like salads and yogurt.
* Watch out for words like jumbo, giant, deluxe, biggie-sized or super-sized. Larger portions mean more calories. They also mean more fat, cholesterol and salt. Order a regular or junior-sized sandwich instead.
* Go for the salad bar, but watch out for high-fat toppings like dressings, bacon bits, cheeses, and croutons. Even too much low-calorie dressing can add up. Check the calories on the packet. Also limit salad bar items that are dressed with a lot of mayo, such as potato or macaroni salad. Fill your salad with things like carrots, peppers, onion, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and etc. Bon apetite!