Friday, July 14, 2006

fat-cushion

I never thought I'd see the day I was glad I am overweight. I took a
major fall yesterday and ended up in the emergency room. It's such
a big long story, no sense in getting into it, too painful to be out of
bed for long. The bottom line is my adipose absorbed the impact of
the backwards fall. Instead of a broken hip or worse, it's just a
swollen muscle twist that was pressing up against a nerve in the
lumbar side of my back. It will be a big interruption to my daily
stretching. The healing will be a pretty long process but I guess
that means I should be more attentive to what I eat now instead
of counting on moving around to burn off calories. Just eating and
sleeping, this could turn out to be a touchy situation. Hey, there
was no blood, I'm blessed by that.

1 comment:

Askazombiehousewife said...

I am sorry to hear about your fall but I am glad it was not worse.
Have you talked to your doctor. There might be exercises you can do. I haven’t tried it yet but there is exercise called chair dancing and maybe you could show the DVD to your doctor.