THE JOURNEY IS ONE DAY AT A TIME AND ONE STEP AT A TIME:
1. Be patient with yourself.
2. Take it one meal at a time, one day at a time.
3. Plan ahead, anticipate "down " times, prepare healthy and satisfying snacks.
4. Keep busy. Find new hobbies and things to do instead of eating.
5. Remember, you are in charge. You've made the choice to lose weight. You are choosing what to eat.
6. Never skip meals.
7. Review the evidence. Check your copies of your weekly menus to see what choices give you a good weight loss.
8. Don't be obsessed by the scale. Some weeks you won't lose, but you will have made great attitude and behavior changes.
9. Reward yourself often for behavior changes (not with food).
10. Don't be a diet bore. Enjoy life.
11. Smarten up. Take time to do something for yourself every day.
12. Place a 1-pound can of solid vegetable shortening where you can see it. It will remind you of what one pound of fat looks like. You won't want that on your body again!
DAILY REAFFIRM YOURSELF WITH ACCLAMATIONS:
1. I am a valuable person to ME.
2. I can do this if I really want to.
3. I do not want to be unhealthy.
4. I DO WANT TO BE IN CONTROL!