Thursday, May 17, 2007

oops-failure

Hooray for me, I tried the low-carb diet for thirteen days and yes it worked. I lost weight for my weigh-in on Tuesday the 15th. I got over confident, knowing I can use that approach next time for a quick loss again. I rewarded myself with a free day of eating what I liked, bad mistake! I forgot how long it takes to get back into the zone when too many carbohydrates are consumed all day long. I'm Italian and it is hard not to crave the pasta. I feel like a failure, I allowed myself to throw away two weeks of time, effort, and money, on a particular program that is only temporary. As of today I have to think about what I am going to do with the extra ten pounds that came back so soon. I'm such a big baby, instant gratification is what I feel comfortable with! Once I'm on a roll, it becomes more motivating and easier to stick with any diet. In reality, I have known for a long time that behavior modification is the only long term program that anyone can live with to continue to have a successful loss, and be healthier for life. The saga goes on.

1 comment:

Askazombiehousewife said...

Low carb would not be for me I like oatmeal, potatoes and low fat dairy. But sept for my fries LOL the other foods are good carbs.

Low carb pasta
Shirataki Tofu noodles are low cal and low carb noodles.
I haven't tried them they are hard to find unless you mail order them.
http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=467