Friday, August 24, 2007

hooray

It's been almost a month since I have had access to a computer. The good news is I have lost six pounds since my last weigh-in. I did it the hard way, I was very sick. Of course, that means I have not exercised in over a month. I am stilll somewhat weak but I don't like how my muscles have seemed to let loose. I must get back into the habit of stretching and doing moderate exercise as before. I am also seeing loose skin. I can't wait until I can do things like aerobics again. I know because of my heart, I will need to drop about eighty pounds to be able to handle the cardio stimulation.

I just read a short paragraph on "What Works." Based on studies of people who've successfully lost weight and kept it off, the strategies that appear to work the best are eating a low-calorie, low-fat diet, and exercising. As if we didn't already know that! I say it is utilizing what we do know. Actually foods that are good for you, really do taste good. My problem is I let myself get too hungry and I feel like I need instant gratification. Ahh fast food!

Hint: Chew gum while you're making dinner to prevent those calorie-laden bites that can really add up!

1 comment:

Louisiana said...

i'm so, so, so sorry that you were sick. i wish so dearly i could hold your hand or take you some chicken noodle soup. i love you dearly. don't worry about me for i'm fine and will be just fine. God and His ways are beyond me but i'm forever grateful for them. out of everything, good or bad comes lessons that improve ourselves.

the best thing to learn to do is to trust Him, pray to Him and be happy with what is now, no matter what that is. i'm happy. very happy.

love ya.